Rotator Cuff Injury Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Rotator Cuff Injury. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

Just interested in anything related to health. My wife is a “cuffie” at 85 and I have many age related problems. I am almost 90 and without trying to be funny, I keep wondering if I have an “expiration date”.
Thanks for your excellent input

I play tennis quite a bit, do not want to get this condition.

because I have had two RTC surgeries and one of the shoulders is giving me bad pain this very night.

Gosh, it has been 3 years ago now since I began having the shoulder pain that was different than the usual pain in both my shoulders.
Long story, went to too many doctors, finally got MRI that showed a “partial” tear. Too much crap with too many doctors so I just live with it. The pain never gets as bad as it was and I just keep moving my arm to make sure the joint doesn’t become frozen, as a PT guy told me to do.
Also suffering Type 1 diabetes adult-onset, my daughter has psoriatic arthritis (?) and trying to get another opinion on that, and my husband was found with sarcoma 1 1/2 years ago. Life sucks.

I had the surgery a couple of years ago and my shoulder is still hurtin. I think I was better off without the surgery. Would like to hear from other people about their experince with it.

had cuff surgery 1 month ago on the shoulder of my non-dominant arm. interested in finding out about rehab and recovery. would like to connect with active people who play golf, tennis, do yoga, pilates, work out, dance and crave being in motion.

Hurt myself playing golf. Assume its a rotator cuff. Holding my arm straight in front I can lift it - if I hold it to the side, pain starts when lifted to horizontal and increased to the point I can’t lift it beyond horizontal. I can play golf without pain as long as I don’t complete my follow thru. Suggestions for exercises, treatment. Just tough it out?? I’m a male, 59 years.

I flee and injured my left shoulder and MRI siclosed that I had torn rotator cuff. I dont know how badl y but have a choice of going to a orthopedic doctor or waiting intill it is better and going to therapy to build up muscles. I don’t know which is the right way to turn. What other info do I need to make that decision?

After moving heavy objects and playing sports, and swimming my right arm hurts in the shoulder joint area when I move it. What should I do?

Hi all…Im interested in this condition because I just had surgery to repair a tear (last Wed) and it would just be nice to talk to people who know what Im going thru so if I have q’s, I can get an honest answer. The internet has a ton of info but it seems like none of it is first hand

Doctor just told me why my shoulder hurts from a fall. he said it is a rotator cuff problem. the MRI indicates surgery must be done. what are my options. I am 62 with other health issues.

Just recently injuried my rotator cuff

I just had my second rotator cuff surgery on 6/06/2007. first one in 2001 worked great until adhesive archnoiditus in lower spine caused right leg to go out fell down 3/4 of a circular stair case. A the 3 concussions, and all other ankle 3rd degree sprain. I finally felt up to the surgery. They also had to repair the bicept tendon. The post surgery exercises are killing me right now but I know it will be worth. Everyone wish me and say a small prayer for me. thanks

upcoming surgery, want to learn what to epect for recovery.

injured shoulder3-25-07-had surgery 5-11-07-still hurts very badly-when will pain get better-how long does this whole process take,physical therapy and pain-getting real tired of it all now-HELP!!!

I am a 40 year old male completely tore rotator cuff had it repaired in jan 07 have been going to P/T 3 days a week ever since I can only get arm up about straight out to little above just wondering if anyone has the same problem.