Spinal Stenosis Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Spinal Stenosis. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

I have been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and am receiving treatment.

I am a stay at home mother of two. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, chronic pain and degenerative disc disease a year ago. I would like to meet people who have the same “problems” I do.

I am a stay at home mother of two. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis, chronic pain and degenerative disc disease a year ago. I would like to meet people who have the same “problems” I do.

member of yahoo spinal stenosis group. had surgery for spinal stenosis

I am 25 years old and suffer from spinal stenosis with degenerative disk disease. I have had 2 back surgeries and will be undergoing a lumbar spinal fusion surgery later this summer. I love being able to talk to others who are going through the same thing. I look forward to chatting.

I am joining this group. as I have spinal stenosis and DDD . Have Had it for 12 years now. I haven’t had any surgery, and I am living with pain every day. I can barely walk are do my housework. I would love to learn more about it, and hear from others that have this condition and what they are doing for the pain.

I am a 48 year old with severe spinal stenosis and NO support. I am married with 4 grown kids and 7 grandkids

I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis a little over two(2) years ago. Since that time I have had to learn to live with the constant PAIN. I have found that exercise, combined with a healthy diet, quiting smoking, and 400mg Ibuprofen helps me to manage the PAIN. For those really bad days I use Lido-Derm patches. They are presribe for people with Shingles.

I have spinal stenosis and I really do not know all that much about this disease, I also have 2 herniated disks. Along with all of this I have sarcoidosis and from the steroid prednisone I got various other diseases. I want to learn more about spinal stenoisis and see how other people are dealing with this disease. I am constantly always in pain and that in itself is really hard to deal with.

My name is Sharon.I am a dwarf with major pain in my back.I did have a operation in 1997.It really left me have chronic pain.I have to take methadone to help me with the pain.Now I have spinal stenosis,ostroporosis,ect…I know spenosis could happen to anyone.I would love to chat with other people that has spinal stenosis…Sharon

I have had 9 back surgeries and have DDD, spinal stenosis, spinal instabilit, joint facet syndrome, and I have a medicine pump in my stomach and I am still in pain 24/7. I am young to have all this they say I’m like an 80 years olds back. It started 5 years ago very bad but has been bothering me since I was 18. No on understands how you feel at all. No matter how much they think they do, until they have walked in my shoes they can’t imagine. It has taken my life from me. I have two girls 7 and 10 and have been with my high school sweetheart, he is amazing but sooooooo tired of hearing me day in and day out. Well that’s enough for now for you to understand my condition. Would love to talk to people who understand. I am ony 35 so it started at 29, My name is Tish

Just checking out all options for spinal stenosis

I have terrible pain in back and legs. Have had spinal stenosis and DDD for 12 years now. I have tried so many treatments, but nothing has helped. I am getting worse every day. I would like to hear from others that have this, and what they do for pain.

I’ve been diagnosed with OA, including cervical spinal stenosis. I just want to keep up to date on this and see what others are doing to deal with it on a daily basis

Had X-Stop surgery. Looking for people with similar surgery to compare results, problems, etc.

I have been diagnozed with SS on 2004.

my name is myoung and i,m 53 year old asian female, i had neck surgery last year, they removed c5 and c6, did bone graft and put metal plate with 4 screws on my neck.

I have been diagnosed with severe spinal stenosis and will be having surgery in July. Anything I can learn about this condition, not to mention the companionship of others dealing with the same difficulties, will be more than welcome. Thank you.
Nancy

Because I think I have this condition…Dr. won’t say I have that I have it though…