Stroke Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Stroke. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Because I think I have this condition…Dr. won’t say I have that I have it though…

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I am a single parent of three wonderful angels. I have a daughter, seen in my photograph, and two unique and wonderful boys. My two sons were both born with an extremely rare genetic disorder known as “X-Linked Alpha Thalassemia Mental Retardation Syndrome” Both boys are have sever developmental delays. Both are non-verbal and communicate with limited signs. They love to laugh and are easily entertained by the small things in life.

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

Hello I am proud parent of one daughter who is nine. I have two careers, Rehab and medical. love them both and I have been married to a man for seven years.

Running research blogs into support for diffrnt conditions

I am a THREE time cancer survivor. This month I have survived breast cancer for 5 yrs. My experience with cancer started 28 yrs ago with Hodgkins. 18 months later it came back. They say the breast cancer was most likely caused from the treatments of the Hogkins. There is hope and there are miracles. To me the future is a scary place as far as my health goes. However, I am so happy to be here. Never give up, that is my motto.

im a first aider in the redcross and i want to know more about many things. i like to get some info from any any one can give me info so thnx alot

I have had 8 strokes from a car accident. ( the day after) Ever since this, I have had pericarditis 3 times and pleurisy 5 times and pneumonia 2 times. I am very tired all the time. My TSH was off and my growth hormone, and some other stuff to do with my pituitary gland. The docs came to the conclusion that I may have a tumor. ( I was also leaking breast milk and I had a hysterectomy) Did an MRI and they said no tumor. Been taking plaquenil and doing better and sinthroid 75 mcgs. Now I have a vitamin D deficiency! What the heck? It is suppose to be 40 and it is 15. I drink milk, I eat icecream, even though I am lactose intollerant. I eat cheese too. I get sun. Not much because it makes me blister because of my meds ( I take 22 pills a day) I see a rheumatologist who has been playing with me for two years. He says he doesn’t have enough to go on. An ANA came out negative but all the TSH and other thyroid tests came out normal too that he ran and then two months later they came out all screwed up. I wish I knew what to do. Do I find someone else? What do I do?

I am a SURVIVOR of Central Pontine Myelinolysis, an acquired toxic demyelination disorder said to be a neuromuscular disease of the central nervous system. This disease came to the forefront in 1959 and has continuously been very quietly withheld from the publc world wide. Recently I’ve founded the “CPM Awareness Foundation.” Along with my own chronic issues, I have found my best therapy in doing my best assisting other CPM victims or their families as most CPM victims that live or in need of help in many areas. Now as a CPM survivor, layman advocate and founder I’ve been involved in many scenerios bringing “CPM Awareness” to many Government Institutes along with many influential organizations.

It is stated in all imformation that there is no cure currently available which tends to be both true and false. Central Pontine Mylinolysis is what is called an Iatrogenic disease meaning it is acquired by, “Error of Treatment.”

Hi all, am a “Multiple” Lupus sle, narcolepsey,antiphospholipid etc etc , you know the route! Am in a remission and am great, loving life for as long as I can

I have PH. It runs in my family. I have 5 children and a hubby who is in the US Air Force. I may have PH, but life doesn’t and won’t stop just because I have an uncurable illness.

I was dx’d 4 years ago and i would love to meet more with it.

I am a woman who wants to learn more about the conditions of others and help thoes who want the help.

Hi, My name is Daniel Hansen, I am a Doctor of Upper Cervical Chiropractic. I have seen many sufferers get well from all sorts of disorders such as: Trigeminal Neuralgia, Chronic pain, Migraine headaches, Asthma, Carpal Tunnel, Seizures, Meniere’s Disease, Bell’s Palsy, Fibromyalgia. My mission is to get sick people well. I am here for support and to care for those that suffer from terrible disorders.

AM A DOC STUDENT AND WILLIN TO HELP /LEARN

I have spinal stenosis of the lumbar, sacral, coccyx and cervical among MANY other disabling conditions. I am wheelchair bound, due in part to the stenosis, but also to RA, OA, MS, etc.

Want to connect with others who are suffering. Am disgusted with medical community and others not understanding my situation at all. Need friends. i am happily married, 59 year old. Live in country in Finger Lakes area of N.Y. state.

my name is brittany and im 17. i have been experiencing stomache pains for many years. it wasent until about 2 and a half years ago they found out i had endometriosis. i had a surgical procedure the day after christmas of last year and still have endrometriosis. im now recieving lupron depot shots and am hoping to get rid of this painful disorder. im hoping to find people with endometrisos like me to talk to about it with.