Trigeminal Neuralgia Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Trigeminal Neuralgia. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

My husband has been living with this condition

I have been suffering from TN for about 12 yrs and up til the last two months it has been controled with Trileptal and topomax. The TN has progressed very rapidily and I at first increased the trileptal …did not hold for long…and then I went to get my teeth cleaned and the TN got a little worse. I then went to a special dentist to see what was wrong and he adjusted my bite… Two days I could eat or chew nothing without severe pain in my face. I lived for two weeks on fruit smoothies and noooo salt soft scrambled eggs. A great way to lose weight. I finally got to the right neurologist and I am now on tegretol ,real dirty drug but in 5 days I was eating real food … This fri the 1june I will be treated with the GN…I’ll let you know what happens

Hi, My name is Daniel Hansen, I am a Doctor of Upper Cervical Chiropractic. I have seen many sufferers get well from all sorts of disorders such as: Trigeminal Neuralgia, Chronic pain, Migraine headaches, Asthma, Carpal Tunnel, Seizures, Meniere’s Disease, Bell’s Palsy, Fibromyalgia. My mission is to get sick people well. I am here for support and to care for those that suffer from terrible disorders.

I am interested in this condition because been diagnosis with it almost 4 years ago.I would like to learn more how this condition can be control. Also would like to connect with others that have the condition and if any treatment has been successful.

Hello,
I’m Denise in Oregon USA. I am interested in support and information on TN because my darling husband husband has had it for about 10 years now. Surfing the internet and finding support and information is my “thing” since he works with people and computers all day and prefers to just compile programs.
We have 3 children ages 11, 12, and 13 and live on a few acres in NW Oregon.
Chris has had poor experience with anticonvulsants, short term success with MVD, good success with UCC - but the driving distance was the failing there, and now has relief with narcotics. We hope that one day the magic answer will appear or our amazing UCC doc will open an office closer to our area.

Denise

Hello to all, I am 27 and have had Trigeminal Neuralgia since July 7, 2006 at 6am sharp. I have been diagnosed with both TN and ATN since July 17, 2006. I had a MVD procedure done August 28, 2006 and unfortunately was unsuccessful. I would like to find more people to talk to that have Trigeminal Neuralgia.

I have had TN since 11/2004 and am interested in learning about effective treatments others have experienced.

Hi - I’ve had TGN for 10 years now. Initially it was very bad news, but a combination of drugs (Tegretol, citalopram), visits to the chiropractor, and avoiding stress has me largely pain free. It’s always there though and you know that it can always come back! The Yahoo site has already shown me what a great bunch of folks are out there with an interest in this disability. I wish you all the very best.

Hi, my name is Sara and I suffer from Trigeminal Neuralgia. I have learned a lot about this disease since my diagnosis in 2003 and have made a lot of research in order to help myself as well as others cope with it. Right now I am in remission, but I have joined this list to see how I can be of help to other sufferers. One of my goals has been to create awareness among the medical community, because it seems not many of them are knowledgeable about TN.

I have been diagnosed with TN for about 5 yrs now. I am currentlt on Carbatrol 300 mg 3 x a day and have been completly pain free for the past year. But from everthing i’ve read, nothing lasts forever, and am dreading the day the pain comes back.

I’ve had TN and would like to talk with other people who have had or are dealing with this horrible condition.

My dd 5 has Trigeminal Neuralgia. I am looking for support of people who have Trigeminal Neuralgia and parents with children with Trigeminal Neuralgia.

I am the author of the only book on the first person experience of living with and struggling against trigerminal neuralgia.
My pain started in 1979 so my experience has encompassed most of the medications, therapies, and surgeries.
If this group is as supportive and helpful as the Yahoo group I would very much like to be a part of it.
Thank you.

I am the author of the only book on the first person experience of living with and struggling against trigerminal neuralgia.
My pain started in 1979 so my experience has encompassed most of the medications, therapies, and surgeries.
If this group is as supportive and helpful as the Yahoo group I would very much like to be a part of it.
Thank you.

I am Trav Epes, a 73 year old, twice-retired, disabled old grouch. Right NOW my primary concern is TN. I have had several thermocoagulation (TCG) procedures done but doctors want me to try to use medications rather than go through another TCG.
It’s nice to commune with folks who know.