Weight Loss Member Introductions

How do you stop it from itching so bad? I tried over the counter medication and percription medication and nothing seems to work. It just itches and is dry and bumpy. The doctors called my condition Solar eczema.l

Hi everyone,
I have fibromyaliga, osteoarthritis and many other health issues. Last year I was told I needed a spinal fusion to help my back pain but, due to my weight it was not likely the fusion would be successful. My doctor recommended weight loss surgery.I was dieting at the time but, the doctor said I needed to get the weight off fast. I did a great deal of research and prayer before making my final decision. On Jan of 07 I underwent gastric bypass surgery and have lost 82 pounds thus far. Although I am very thrilled with my weight loss and thankful that my surgery went well with no complications I am still in constant pain. I have been told I need a knee replacement ASAP.My back pain is still present. I am doing my best to deal with all of the health issues and refuse to give up. Sure I get depressed and bitter. I was a healthcare professional for 17 years and I miss being able to work and enjoy doing all I use to do. But, I am alive and have a God that Loves me and will not forsake me. So for others like me that have battled weight issues all their lives weight loss surgery may or may not be an option for you but, don’t give up on trying to overcome this problem. Obesity only complicates our overall health and in time you will have more problems as a result of it. Obesity has not caused all of my health problems but, it certainly did not help matters. Have a blessed day, Karen

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.