Weight Loss Member Introductions

My name is Lynn and I am a gene carrier my sister died of Ovarian Cancer in 2003. So I do alot of Ovarian Cancer info and try to find groups to help others who have or are like me who have had someone who has died.

I suffer from depression and anxiety. I want to learn alternative methods of control besides drug intervention.

I am 43m, XXY47, I run my own KS Org, with two friends. Org called KEST (klinefelter Educational Suport Team). I give lectures on KS, and Help adults who have it cope better with it. I also run a behavor Modication Program, to Help KSer’s after the Start treatment (HRT), cope with behavor’s that dont change. I live Just North of NYC, but travel most of the Northeast coast line. Wash DC to Maine.

Im Alan and I live in England. I was diagnosed with Essential Mixed Cryglobulinimea in 1994 after an initial diagnosis of Lupus. I was originally treated with Cyclophosphomide, then Azathioprine and now with Mycophenolate ( plus of course all the rest, prednisolone, blood pressure tablets etc.... It was always my ambition to reduce my steroid dose as I had been taking high dose steroids since 1991( before anyone knew what was wrong with me) and recently got down to 3mg daily, but then began to get colds and coughs so rightly or wrongly Ive taken it back up to 5mg.

I am interesed in ADD because I have been diagnose at age 53. It was a shock to me. I knew something was wrong from2nd grade on up. I was having to hard of a time with studies. Now I see the effect on memorization. For example, I have been studying spanish for over 10 years. I can speak it to get bye, but I still have trouble focusing and remembering. I have to think hard to remember. It is very embarrisng to me. My latino friends keep asking me what is wrong with my spanish. I don’t tell them about the ADD. I need help and support about the impusiveness and some one to share with. Rachel

Barbara Clark sent me a email

I too have DI. plus a number other problems. It would be very interesting to be in contact with others with the same problem('s).

Hi, I was diagnosed in 1981 at age 16. I had total body electron beam radiation as well as was treated with nitrogen mustard. I have occasional outbreaks but they are more psorasis like at this point.

Hi my name is Ellen Gaffney. I was just diagnosed with celiac disease. i am a type 1 diabetic and I am 46 years old. I want to connect with other celiacs to get the information I need to survive since most doctors do not know much about this disease.

I am a PC whipple survivor of almost 3 years. My mom and her sister both passed from PC and I have an Uncle that has also had the whipple 3 years this month. I am in the study at JHH in Maryland and I live in Florida. I would like to find out ways to help with awareness.

My besr friend has eosinophilic gastroenteritis.

I am a mom and grandmother and so far my kids and grandchild have not had problems, but neither did I until I was in my 40’s. I am HLA-B27 positive and do not know which parent is positive. I also do not know if either of my children are positive.

I am in the education field and need the use of my eyes!!!

I first had an Iritis attack in 1999 while at work. I had a huge water pocket appear on my eye and pain like I couldn’t believe. In 2000, I seemed to have the attacks more than not having them. I was almost constantly using the pred forte drops and had to take steroid pills a couple of times (two packs straight through before relief) They were threatening injections in the eye.

A couple of years later, I saw information from some discussion groups and learned about people who seemed to have milk and milk products seem to trigger the attacks. I started avoiding milk and now have an occasional attack, but it usually always happens when I decided that something such as ice cream is worth the risk. I also eat cherries, celery and other anti inflammatory foods to try to avoid the attacks (especially when I get that taletell ache in the eyebrow bone). I have been attack free for 1 year and 1 month now, though I have had several times that I either had the eyebrow thing or the eye start turning red or getting the ‘blister’ on it. I usually hit the cherries and treat milk like poison and get it cleared up without the meds. Med free for over a year is great for me!!! It is well worth the sacrifice of the milk and milk products. I swear by it and though I get my weak moments and eat ice cream, I use soy for all my other milk needs (even yogurt) and often get the frozen soy bars instead of ice cream.

I’ve been living with exercise induced analphylaxis and wnat to talk to others about how they cope.

I have been diagnoised with ocd.

Ii am interested in this condition because my husband has OCD and I want to learn more about it

I was just diagnosised with celiac desease. I have been having stomach cramps for four months since I had my gallbladder removed in Feb. 2007.

My name is Mandi my dad was diagnosed with PC 2 days after Easter this year…they said it was inoperableat this time due to being wrapped around the main vein in the liver he started chemo 3 weeks ago and now is going thru radiation, on Monday he will recieve his pump and then will be getting chemo and radiation 5 days a week for 5 weeks then 3 more weeks just chemo then back for another CT scan.

I have raynauds phenomenon. I want to learn more about what I can do about it and how I can explain it to others so that they don’t think I just have “poor circulation”

I am a 43 yr old lupus survivor. I am married with 2 adult sons , a daughter in law and a beautiful granddaughter.
I have been diagnosed with lupus, sojgren’s, raynauds,arthritis,depression,fibromyalgia, chronic pain,High blood pressure,diabetes…
I want to know more about these diseases/condtions and meet others that are dealing with all this.

I have multiple lipomas. I need help to reduce it.