Alcoholism Member Introductions

I am an alcoholic addict. i didn’t admit that i was an alcoholic in the beginning. i thought i only had a problem with coccain. turns out, all my relapses were on alcohol and i finally admitted it to myself. i attend an A.A. meeting just about everyday and belong to two. i am a herion, crack, and powder coccain addict as well as an alcoholic. i am 6 months clean going on seven. i could use all the support i can get. i don’t get much at home. my name is holly. i’m 21 years old. i had a sober 21st and it was more fun than drinking. i am a lesbian and attend gay meetings in my area. thank you and gimmie a shout on aim or e-mail me. my screen name is mysinsbleed and my e-mail address is mysinsbleed@aim.com. my myspace account is save a horse ride a cowgirl. look me up and lets do this together.

im 19yrs old, i have a 21yr old brother who has moved out so i live with my 2 younger sister 18yrs and 11yrs and my mum who is an alcholic. my mum has drank ever since i remember but since her marriage broke down 5yrs ago its got worse! she has attempted suicide 3 times, after each she has just been let out of hospital and thats it! with no family to support us basically its just me and my sisters left to cope with this alone! i try not to let it affect me because i have my sisters to look after but im beginning to get REALLY depressed, and angry that we have never been considered, never been offered help or support. although im older now, were expected to know what were suppose to do, how were suppose to handle the fact that our mother is killing her self!

need some questions answered

I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM SINCE MY BROTHER PASSED AWAY 10 YEARS AGO, DESPITE MY EFFORTS TO DATE I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTROL IT. I AM LOOKING FOR SUPPORT AND EXPERIENCE FROM OTHERS.

I have just realised that I am putting my health at risk, through the amount of alcohol I drink. I work with Health Workers and people in this sort of proffession and because of this I am unable to attend anywhere for help without fear of people Knowing.

I am a bipolar alcoholic. Bad combination? Possibly… I am having, currently, problems controlling both. If I can just get my bipolarism (is that a word?) under control, I would be a little better off. And, obviously, I am here for some help with my alcoholism.

I am 43, and I have been living with this all my life. My husband works alot of hours, and I am home alone alot. I would just like someone to talk to in my alone times. I am sober and working hard.

Just looking for someone to chat with, perferably female!

some 1 with a bad drink problem

i am a drug user and a drinker and need help

I AM A 25 YEAR OLD DRINKER WHO IS REACHING OUT TO SEEK HELP WITH PEOPLE WHO SHARE THE SAME PROBLEMS

I want to have contact with people who have experinced problems with alcohol and have now stopped drinking

this horrendous afflication has brought on many other problems both physyically and mentally, at most times i feel alinated as i have had to change my life so much, i have been clean now 1 1/2 years and i feel and believe alcohol is not an issue any more, its changing my life style which i struggle with. am hoping to chat to others in similar situations.

I am a 25 year old child of an alcoholic. My father has been sober for over 15 years now. But I am having a problem with alcohol and with my moods…So if this is like AA, please let me know.

Thank you for your consideration-Trisha

My Husband is suffering with Alcoholism.
And we are surely being afected as well.
We have two children together.
I am currentley reading an Al-anon book.
I have relised I have done alot of the wronge things to try an get him to stop.And have relised that I cant change anyone butt my self. I wish I would have found this program a couple years ago.I would like to talk to some spoises out there or Ex-spoises that have been through it. And learn from them through there exsperiences.I need to talk with people who now what this family is going through.
And I think talking with other may give me a sense of hope for me and my children.Since it will be us in the future.Since he says itis to late for our marriage.

I’m just a girl looking out for who she loves and remembering who she has lost. Nothing fancy about me…

Harmless

I formed a group called "Alcoholics". If you click on the groups tab above you should see it near the bottom of the list.

I am an alcoholic and in three weeks I will have 30 years sober.

I formed the group because there was not one, not because I want to be a moderator. If any of you care to join, please do.

If anyone wishes to be the moderator, even better.

I have only been coming to CarePlace regularly for a few days, so I am not known here, nor do I know many of you

Ed

Ed, Welcome to the group. I check it our every now and then. Thirty years! Good job - I salute you. A drinker my entire life, on and off, recently many stressors have erupted (first my husband of 20 years abandoned me, then a kind gentleman I fell in love with committed suicide because he had Parkinsons (long story) and I just returned from grief counseling for this latest crisis. MY name is Fran, 60, and I live in Schaumburg, IL…

pawned alcoholism-cpt2189@lists.careplace.com wrote:

i’m just learning about this and need help to help my loved one, whon is so sweet even when he drinksi love him sooooo much and want to help him but he closes me out of most of his life when it comes to this. his health is not good and we don’t have health ins. or the money to get him help, please can someone talk to me who knows about this problem and give me some ideas of what to say and do for him . thank you, very worried.