Asperger's Syndrome Member Introductions

I am interested to hear from anyone who can shed some light on what it means to be in a relationship with a man with asperger’s syndrome.

My friend has asberger syndrome

Hello, I have a 9 year old son who was diagnosed with Asperger’s. I’m looking forward to talking with other parents regarding how to help him make friends and deal with anxiety.

Hi, Our 15 year old daughter was diagnosed just 2 years ago with Aspergers. We are having trouble getting her the help she needs because we are at odds with the school system since she doesn’t have a behaviour problem. The feel since she doesn’t act out her problems are not severe enough to warrant spending their ( our tax ) money. We hope to learn what else we can do.

I need support My partner of 3 years has undiagnosed
Aspergers…he just does not connect with me. Yet he says he loves me if he knows I will leave him. I do not know what to do. Any assistence out there. Help!!

i’m interested in this condition because i think i might have a slight case of it and desire to expand my knowledge and get a closer look on the nature of aspergers through networking with people who have been formally diagnosed.

my son is autistic he is 17 yrs now first diagnoisis when 6mos with Landau Klefner Syndrome/Autisum no one seems to know what that is although they can explain the autisum they can’t tell me about the syndrome.Can you give me any info on it?

My son has Asperger Syndrome and he is now 19. I don’t know what to expect after he has become an adult and I want him to try to live a normal life. he doesn’t do chores, won’t get a job and he is very intelligent. I feel like he plays the Asperger card sometimes to get out of things. I want to connect with other parents who have a child that is near my son’s age and tell me how I can best help my son whom I love dearly…

I have a 13 yo dtr who’s an Aspy and I’m at my wits end. I need help and a place to network with others in my situation.

I hate my brother who has asperger’s. This may be funny to some, but I am very serious. He makes me sick. I want to learn how to cope with this and not get so frustrated when he mouths off to our mother. He is very spoiled and gets off with so much more than I was able to when I was younger ( we are 10 years apart). I don’t like him at all. I rarely enjoy even being around him. I need and am willing to receive some helpful points in order to build a great relationship with my brother.

I have an 8 1/2 yr old son I think has AS he has a log of sensitivity issues and shyness with everyone. He would rather not approach other people. He may have CAPD also and since I started home schooling him because of his eating (not much) I have seen all these other things that know one in school told me. I am reluctent to put him through a bunch of testing since it’s an act of congress anyway and then they’re are no special services for kids with AS. I would like to see what other people are saying about this.

Son with possible Aspergers

Hello,

Our oldest son as asperger’s. We are just looking to see whats out there and what other people are doing, and mabye help out if we can.

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED 2 YEARS AND HE HAS THE SYMPTOMS OF ASBERGERS, I’VE NEVER BEEN AROUND ANYONE LIKE THIS BEFORE, IT IS ALL NEW TO ME

After discovering my young son who was diagnosed with pdd at the age of two has many traits of aspergers, I now realize my husbands and my difficulties might be attributed to the the possibility that my husband has aspergers. We’ve had serious problems with communication, and I’m looking for more information in hopes of helping our relationship.

I am interested in connecting with others to chat about Aspergers as I knew for a very long time I was different and had no friends it wasn’t until I married a second time and years later found out my girls are both on the spectrum so I later was diagnosed as well and I am 44 yrs. old so see it’s never to late to understand. Anyone want to chat about helping our kids o ourselves?

i have a 13 yr. old grandson and i need to find out if there are any social clubs in the temecula, ca area so that he can meet other young teens

My ten year old son was diagnosed with Aspergers over a year ago. He is finally in a private school and doing better at school. When he gets home though all hell breaks loose and we get the other side of him. Summer is here and I don’t know what to do, Any ideas?

My 3 year old son, signs, symptoms, at home treatments.

HI I am a mother of 5 with a 15 year `old son with adhd/ aspergers just recently dignoised from having bipolar. My kids ages are 19, 16, 15, 2 and 1. We live in Chesapeake Va.